firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 79 3445 5766 | 167B Walm Lane, London, NW2 3AY
Summary of Key Achievements
- Design and full implementation of migration of customer premises (600+ users) from legacy Windows environment to a Microsoft Storage Spaces-based, highly-available, Remote Desktop Services environment. Including networking, server deployment, datacenter management and complete Active Directory rebuild, including Group Policy and virtual machine deployment.
- Extension of customer environment to Microsoft Azure for multiple disaster recovery scenarios and highly available Single Sign On utilising ADFS 2016 and Web Application Proxies.
- Multiple complex Office 365 / Exchange Online migrations, including customer identity management and hybrid environment setup and troubleshooting.
- Building of a successful MSP targeting Education and SME - including the development of sales, human resources, internal and technical processes. Delivering safe, effective technology support reaching over 300 teachers, 6000 students and 100 school administrators.
Dec 2015 - Present Solution Architect and Technical Presales - Blue Saffron Limited - London, United Kingdom
- Customer engagement for design and development of cloud or hybrid cloud solutions to IT and business requirements. Ongoing project development and implementation, including Project Management. Writing of technical and support documentation, and training of Blue Saffron support team on new customer environment support processes.
- Solution design for large scale cloud-only or hybrid environment builds, including network, storage, and application-level clustering and failover.
- Responsibility for solution development and technical implementation including documentation, customer and supplier management, and customer training.
- Full development and implementation of a complex disaster recovery environment for a large-scale RDS based customer environment. Authoring tools to allow single click failover - utilising PowerShell, .NET, Azure Hybrid worker pools and Azure Runbooks to automate scenarios such as on-premises route mangement, DFS failover and S2S VPN connection management.
- Authoring tools for in-house and customer environments - including Professional Services Administration (PSA) integration, Azure billing management, and Windows monitoring and identification agents.
- Migration of large customer premises from legacy environment to Microsoft Storage Spaces-based, highly-available, Remote Desktop Services environment. Strong project management resulted in a smooth transition while rebuilding the customer environment.
- Complete migrations from on-premises Exchange to hosted Exchange Online, including complex identity management solutions.
- Development of an architecture for Private Cloud, Microsoft based, Hyper-V environments for customers including SCVMM configuration and complex Active Directory/Group Policy configuration.
- Other tasks as required to assist current and future support and sales programs.
Technology - Microsoft Storage Spaces (2012 R2), Hyper-V Failover Clustering, SQL Server Failover Clustering, PowerShell, Azure AD Connect, Server 2016, SQL Server 2016, SQL Always-On, Azure Automation, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Hybrid Workers, Load Balancing, VPN, Cisco ASA, ADFS 2016, Web Application Proxy, and DFS
Mar 2015 - Dec 2015 Senior Network Administrator - Blue Saffron Limited - London, United Kingdom
- Multiple virtualisation projects, including VMware, Hyper-V and both Windows and Linux guests
- Windows Server 2008, 20089 R2, 2012 and 2016 troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Development of an architecture for Private Cloud, Hyper-V based environment for customers including SCVMM and complex Active Directory/Group Policy configuration.
- The assessment, planning and installation of a new internal ITSM tool including working with relevant stakeholders within and outside the business to implement the package effectively.
- Authored numerous management and automation PowerShell scripts for identity management, server maintenance and custom business processes.
Jun 2009 - Jan 2015 Director / Founder Fletch Technology - Brisbane, Australia
- Directed all functions of the company – managing sales, marketing and client side technical assistance with strong business leadership.
- Managing the hiring and training of staff, including all government, and accounting requirements.
- The installation of Windows based technology, including Windows Server (Up to 2012 R2), Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualisation.
- Growing the customer base to over twelve state schools and four businesses.
- Developed expertise in VMware and Hyper-V infrastructure – running both the Microsoft Small Business stack, from Server 2003 to Server 2012 R2, including Terminal Services, Active Directory, Group Policy and Microsoft Exchange.
Apr 2003 - May 2009 System Administrator - Malaco - Brisbane, Australia
- Responsible for over 500 computers, requiring effective use of available technology - including custom image creation, software deployment and logon scripts.
- Providing professional support to various small businesses up to 50 employees.
- Implementation of large scale Group Policy, distributed anti-virus and other security requirements.
- Developed, built and maintained school based networks from the Servers all the way down. Oversaw the consistent running of thousands of machines including Microsoft servers, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, printing, terminal services and deployment (including both Altiris and Symantec Ghost).
- Developed a custom web development back-end based on Microsoft Server 2003, MySQL, Apache and Active Directory allowing students to create their own websites - each running in strong isolation.
- Leading involvement in the maintenance of Queensland's largest schools, including Calamvale Community College and Brisbane State High School.
- Ongoing University of Queensland - Masters of Business
- 2001 - 2003 Griffith University - Information Technology (Computer Science/Software Engineering)